Today is a big day because today I bought a new living creature to my apartment. It wasn't a dog, it wasn't a cat, and it wasn't a rat - it was a Spathiphyllum wallisii, otherwise commonly known as Peace lily, White sails, or Spathe flower.
A few years ago, when I decided to buy a new plant to my home, I did some research on the Internet, and wrote a small article on the results: How to hack the air. The article has since then become one of the most popular articles (I suspect people are searching for how to hack wifi and instead find my article on house plants). According to that article, the best air-cleaner is the Peace lily. The tests were made by NASA when they had the idea to send plants to space. What the Peace lily will clean is:
- Benzene (from paint and tobacco smoke)
- Formaldehyde (from furniture and tobacco smoke)
- Trichloroethylene (from paint removers)
- Xylene and toluene (from your computer)
- Ammonia (from detergents)
- The Peace lily will also increase the air moisture in your house
- ...and it can live in the dark
I might sound excited, but hey it's #blogg100 and I didn't have anything else to write today!