A new episode of the Random Show with Kevin Rose (founder of Digg) and Tim Ferriss (author of The 4-Hour Workweek) is out! This is episode 27 (I know it says 26, but they've lost count).
- Kevin Rose idea now is trying to build as many possible crazy ideas he has, and then kill them as soon as he realizes no-one is using them. From experience, Kevin Rose has learned that new companies tend to stick with their ideas for too long until they've run out of money, and then it's often too late.
- Kevin Rose recommended Contactually, which helps businesses follow up with the right people, at the right time, and RelateIQ.
- Tim Ferriss recommended Burner, which is an app that allows you to call someone without using your real number. He also recommended the books:
- One other thing Tim Ferriss recommended is the recording microphone iXm by Yellowtec.
- Kevin Rose recommended you to buy an old-fashion record player because it will force you to get up and change the record while music services like Spotify just continues to play music endlessly. Neither is it easy to change song in a record player, so you actually listen to new songs. He also recommended a treadmill desk from LifeSpan, that you can use to work while getting exercise.
- Tim Ferriss recommended learning paper study cards from Visual Education that you can use if you want to learn something new, like a language. He also recommended the graphic novel The Silver Cord.
If you want to watch the rest of the episodes, you can find them here: The Random Show with Kevin Rose and Tim Ferriss.