A new episode of the Random Show with Kevin Rose (founder of Digg) and Tim Ferriss (author of The 4-Hour Workweek) is out! This is episode 23.
- Kevin Rose has some kind of middle-age-life-crisis and have begun to each month do something "epic," such as climbing a bridge, firing guns, meditation retreats, or simply reading a book.
- Tim Ferriss has invested in Shyp - "The easiest way to ship your stuff."
"A Shyp Hero (driver) arrives at your home or office, safely takes your unpackaged item(s), professionally packages it off-site, and sends it on its way. You only pay the cost of the shipping (no more than Post Office prices) plus a $5 pickup fee. If you send 2 or more items, we waive the pickup fee entirely."
- Both Tim Ferriss and Kevin Rose are members of AngelList which is a platform for startups to meet investors, candidates and incubators. Individuals can the invest in what the investors has invested in with a minimum of $1000 (depending on the investor). So if you are tired of the traditional stock market, you can invest in the companies Tim Ferriss or Kevin Rose believes in.
- Tim Ferriss recommended the blog Venture Hacks.
- Kevin Rose recommended The Mascot which is a new wine brand with a "hedonistic balance of power, elegance, and texture."
- Tim Ferriss recommended the books The Essential Scratch and Sniff Guide to Becoming a Wine Expert, Vagabonding, Daily Rituals, and The Name of the Wind.
- Kevin Rose recommended the app FOBO - "The Fastest, Easiest Way To Sell Your Electronics." You are actually guaranteed by FOBO that your product will sell - or FOBO will buy your product for that price.
- Kevin Rose recommended the new Zelda game on the Nintendo 3DS.
The Random Show with Kevin Rose and Tim Ferriss