According to his LinkedIn account, Jared Fliesler help founders design and implement creative solutions to scale products, teams, and revenue. He used to work with growth at Square where he optimized products and built programs to grow the merchant and consumer bases and massively scale the product offerings.
- It used to be easy to get a lot of traffic from sites like Facebook, but it doesn't work anymore. There are very few channels that give you that type of exposure, so you need a more sustainable way of growing your company.
- Finding one little "trick" (Such as a link on the bottom of each e-mail) to get a lot of traffic doesn't work in 9 cases out of 10.
- There's no program you can follow that guarantees growth. All products can't grow. "If it doesn't work, it's not going to work."
- Most companies focus on finding new users, but it's better to focus on the users you have.
- There are 4 things that gives you value from users - try to optimize these:
- Money - they give you money
- Views - they see you (like ads)
- Content - they give you content (they upload their videos on YouTube)
- Other users - they give you other users who in turn gives you the other three things above
- Don't reinvent the wheel - use tools that already exists and don't build everything yourself.
- You don't always need a team specialized in growth because all products can't grow.
- Member of the growth team should be multidisciplinary - they need experience from product, design, marketing, etc.
More articles in the same series: Best Marketing and Selling Articles, Talks, Books, and Media