- Use Twitter to talk to everyone you can find - but don't follow spammers. You have to interact with your feed and if you follow spammers, the tweets from the real people will disappear. It may seem like you are "popular" if you follow spammers and they follow you back - but it's a waste of time.
- Focus on the basic idea and stop adding features - on the other hand, you may learn a lot by adding those features.
- Test more ideas and write less code. It's not cheating to use a framework such as Bootstrap. If you develop a game - use someone else's engine. If you are successful, then you can develop your own framework/engine, but in the beginning it's better to focus on testing your idea as fast as possible.
- Blog more - and write articles you can learn something from and doesn't exist anywhere else. Try to share your knowledge.
- Avoid ideas with the chicken and the egg problem.
- Avoid ideas where your users can spam you.
- Read fewer books. This is another difficult topic - is it a waste of time to read books?
- Brainstorming and other creative methods are not helping you to come up with new ideas.
- Avoid ads as a revenue model.