- We laugh when we hear laughter
- You can put some money in the tip jar to make people leave more money in the tip jar
- Advertisers like to write: "Fastest-growing" to say that many others think the product is good
- Create a long waiting line outside a club to make it seem more popular
- Write fake names in a name collection
You can also use this principle to reduce your fears. If you are afraid of dogs, you can watch how other people are playing with their dogs and you will notice that dogs are not that bad after all. But remember that other people may be wrong, such as in Germany in the 1930s, so be aware of this psychological principle and use your own judgment.
More articles in the same series: Best Marketing and Selling Articles, Talks, Books, and Media